an experiment

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: an experiment
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:04:22 EST
I'd like to say that while I appreciate every opinion on the list I would
prefer it stick closer to the cars, or I'd prefer to be on one that does.  I
enjoy some of the side issues and have participated but from a practical
point of view the list generates too many messages for my taste.  The problem
is a need arises for wholesale deletion of blocks of messages if, say on
monday morning, I have 150.  This means I can't look at them all to decide
and thus miss good information about spridgets I joined the list to get.  I
want to stress that these comments on the list in general are not directed at
anyone in particular and that, if it weren't impractical (say 50 messages a
week) I would have no objections.  Which brings me to another point.  Email
doesn't allow for context or tone, so I think everyone on the web and this
list in particular should be careful to show respect.  A simple issue like
this one is becoming complicated because several of the participants put such
bite in their replies.  If there's a problem let's say so without insulting
people who obviously meant no harm.

Mark M