RE: Be an American (No LBC)

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Be an American (No LBC)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:44:40 -0500
>>>Therefore, there should be no objection to the Pledge of Allegiance

Quakers, who were instrumental in founding this nation, might take issue
with you on the notion that a Christian can morally pledge allegiance to a
red, white and blue piece of cloth that is just a symbol of the founding
principles we cherish.  They would affirm that man (and women, now days)
might only rightfully pledge their allegiance to God.

>>"In God We Trust" is our national motto.

I think you'll find that "E Pluribus Unum" is our official national motto
and the other is a fairly recent addition that has to do with our printed
currency and not our nation.

>>We adopted this motto because Christian men
and women, on Christian principles, founded this
nation

What about Benjamin Franklin (an atheist) and Jay Gould (a Jew)?

>>If God offends you, then I suggest you consider
another part of the world as your new home, because
God is part of our culture.

That logic doesn't seem to make any sense at all!  God IS a part of our
culture.  What does that have to do with coercing free people to accept,
acknowledge, promote, believe...whatever.  '57 Chevrolets, the Superbowl,
and racial lynchings are also part of our culture.

Let's bag it and go back to LBC's!!  (You know, a REAL American wouldn't
drive one of those foreign shit cans anyway!  ;-)))))