Re: Be An American (No LBC)

To: wolfbj@prodigy.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Be An American (No LBC)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:15:20 -0500 FILETIME=[CD2CCE70:01C1A86A]
Brent, and anyone else,

While it may be true that "In God we Trust" was adopted because of Christian
Principles,

MY OWN personal slant to it is this:

It does NOT say in WHOSE God we trust, be it Jesus, or Buddha, or Allah, or
any of the other ones.
Anyone is more than welcome to put their trust in ANY God the Chose.

Therefore, there should be no objection to the Pledge of Allegiance or any
In God We Trust signs. Except by Atheists, since there is no God to them, it
shouldn't matter.

My .02, Flame suit on

Brian

"In God We Trust" is our national motto.
This is not some Christian, right wing, political
slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men
and women, on Christian principles, founded this
nation, and this is clearly documented. It is
certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of
our schools.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider
another part of the world as your new home, because
God is part of our culture.