Re: Moving a Sprite, need advice

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moving a Sprite, need advice
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:23:46 EST
BritishCarMan@aol.com writes:

> If anyone has put a Spridget in the back of a moving truck please e-mail me
> with the information on how you got it into the truck and what you did to
> block the wheels to keep it from rolling. Keep in mind that the engine and
> gearbox have been removed. It's just a rolling shell at this point and will
>
> probley have the front clip removed by the time the move occurs. It will
> still have all for wheels on the ground. Any information will be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I haven't actually done this but it came up on a list a few years ago.  The
important thing is to securely fasten the car to the floor of the truck.  The
front of the truck box is not strong enough to withstand the force of the
weight of a car, in the event of an accident.  Use chains or cables around
suspension bits, axles, or frame members and tied them to hold downs in the
floor.  If the floor is wood, you can probably bolt the chains down somehow.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286