New acquistion

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New acquistion
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:59:18 -0500
I'm gonna ramble like Chuck C. except I will use my uppercase keys.  In a way
I feel like a Chuckster after putting in a 410+ mile day retriving a '59
bugeye from the ravages of time and neglect.  Actually I think I pulled one
off on Chuck.  I hadn't looked at a real road map, I used a mapblast
directions printout and after I couldn't find one of the roads right near the
end of the trip, I pulled out a real map to get my bearings and figure out
which way to really go did I see I wasn't that very far away from Chucks
homegrounds!
The car is a series of good news / bad news.  It's a crying shame it was left
outdoors next to an empty shed!
The car was susposedly raced when it was new but other than the genuine '60
Speedwell Monza bonnet on it, it is completely stock.  It has the original
rubber floor matting (good news) however, the ravages of time and weather have
taken its toll (bad news). ((Interesting observation: the rubber door pocket
lining was red ribbed rubber!  I thought they all had the black ribbed rubber
linings reguardless of interior color.))  It has the optional dual tone horns
with their relay (good news), however, I doubt they will even begin to
function (bad news). It has the early fabric type sidecurtain frames (good
news) but they are heavyly encrusted (bad news).  After a quick relook after I
got home I can't see anything missing except for the front bumper, bumper
mount brackets, and the original bonnet!
Even though the body is thoughly rusted on the bottom half (beyond
restoration) most if not all the componets look salavagable. Got the original
'59 clear title, an original BMC AN5 workshop manual (95%+ condition), and a
original bugeye sales brochure.
Really Good News, I spent more $s in gas, tolls, and food for me and a friend
than what the car cost me!!!!!!!!

Biff Jones
Pasadena, MD
'59 Bugeye, 'Kermit'