Clutch Problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Clutch Problem
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:26:19 EDT
OK...before you all pass out from the oddity of me asking a Spridget
question...how about some advice.

I bought a new battery for the Midget today.  The hot weather is dropping
down into the low 90's so it's to start driving the Midget again.  Real men
don't cre about skin cancer!

Got a little adventure added to life while I was changing the battery.  I was
scrunched over the fiender, head under the bonnet struggling with the posive
battery cable when I glanced down (about 6 inched down) at the solenoid and
there was the biggest black widow spider I'ver ever seen crawling up towards
my nose!

15 minutes and a can of Raid later, the Midget started right up!  Only
problem is, I step on the clutch and the pedal goes to the floor!  Of course
the Master cylinder is dry.  I fll it up, but stll the pedal wont even pump
up any pressure for the slave.

Bad master?  Bad slave?

Ed, Peter?  Got a price on replacements?

All comments are welcome, even about my arachniphobia...and not, I didn't
attempt to shoot the bugger!

Robert Houston

There is no better tonic for the heart than making a child smile.