Re: Clutch Problem

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <RBHouston@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problem
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:52:37 -0500
I just went through that myself. The problem I had was that the pipe goes up
from the MC and then down,
making it rather difficult to get the air out. After creating several new
profanities applicable to Castrol LMA
in the hair, I went back to the bicycle inner tube hose-clamped to the MC
with extra brake fluid in it to
compensate for the ridiculously tiny reservoir, the other end gets folded
over and clamped with a long-nosed
fake vise grip (my door prize at the club xmas party last year) and some
pressure pumped into the tube. I also
attach a bleeder tube to the bleed valve and open it up a bit further than
you would think necessary. From beneath
the car, monitor the color and air content of the fluid coming through the
tube (you did use a clear tube, didn't you?)
until it is clean and has no bubbles, go back topside and pump the pedal a
few times for good measure, crawl back
under, get more LMA in your hair and close the valve. Then you have the fun
of removing the bicycle tube without
getting any LMA on your paint :-)
It worked for me.
David Lieb