Heat problems

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat problems
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:48:09 -0400
What can I do to eliminate the heat problem with my bugeye? I know it has
been hot around here but I tried taking the car out on a cool night (75
degrees) and the temp guage still reads a constant 200 degrees (I tried
different guages) with steady driving, 50/55mph, even higher in town, there
are no cities around here. It doesn't seem to matter if it is cool out or
not.  I installed an electric fan with a temp sensor to come on around 185
to help but it only helps if I have the engine off. I took the grille off to
see if that would make a difference, it made a very small difference. I've
had the radiator gone over by a radiator shop and all they found was a real
small pinhole leak that they fixed.
Would an oil cooler help the situation or should I install an auxilary
radiator behind the main one?

Dave
60 Bugeye