Re: Timing and Temperature

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Timing and Temperature
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 10:08:19 -0500
> I can't recall. Which direction makes the car run hot?? If the timing is
too
> advanced or too retarded??

Too retarded will make your car run hot. Too advanced has other
characteristics that tend to force themselves upon you before you notice
temperature :-)

>  I went for a drive in a local fun Rally

As opposed to the rallies that are not fun?
One of our rallymasters tends to write one of those every year. He thinks he
is being smart, but it usually ends up being petty. No one is quite sure
what the right answer is to the question of "do you have a compass?", nor
can anyone explain why a concrete goose in an apron on someone's front lawn
has to be called "Mother Goose" to count.
On the other hand, the rest of the rallies generally count as fun.
The jury is still out on the endurance rallies. I am not overly fond of the
"shortest distance" variety myself, but I am putting on a slightly different
endurance rally this next Thursday and Friday as part of the Chicagoland MG
Club Summer Party in Abingdon Illinois. A little more hunting involved to
find the checkpoints, more checkpoints than there is time to visit,
penalties for exceeding the time and distance limits, and no way to DNF.
Should be interesting anyway. Thank goodness for Excel to handle the
scoring!

David Lieb
Too many RWAs