latest in the saga

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: latest in the saga
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:11:19 -0500
Methinks, and the machine shop thinks we can skim about 40 thou off the
pistons, and fly cut the head, and then dial in my desired 13:1 compression
ratio. That's the good news.

The bad news is it won't be done in time for Grattan.

So, the backup plan is to use the 1275 I have for the "SOS" Sprite... the
one we were putting together on the WebCam back last Thanksgiving at Triple
P's.

It's out of a '67, so it "should" be a nitrided crank from the factory. It
has ordinary AE dished cast pistons, so, nothing special there, and also, no
center main strap. So, in the interest of longevity, and not blowing up my
street motor, we'll be pedalling softly and slowly at Grattan, and have the
race 948 (and a spare) ready in time for Elkhart in Sept.

WST