Re: Which exhaust system in a Bugeye with 1275?

To: "Tim L. Creger" <timlc@agr.state.ne.us>
Subject: Re: Which exhaust system in a Bugeye with 1275?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:42:25 -0400
Cc: Bugeye List <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Do I go with a 948 exhaust system in order to fit the Bugeye body, or do
> I go with the 1275 exhaust system to fit the 1275 manifold?
>
> Another way to ask is, will the 1275 exhaust system fit without
> modification into the Bugeye body?

In my opinion, using the 948 exhaust system would virtually negate any advantage
gained from changing to the 1275. It is far too restrictive. I am not that
familiar with the Bugeye undercarriage, but I would think that, if modifications
are necessary, it would be a fairly simple procedure for a good muffler shop.
Kate