Re: header theories

To: wsthompson@thicko.com|, wsthompson@thicko.com ("Wm. Severin Thompson"), shelden3@pldi.net
Subject: Re: header theories
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:33:04 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
What you find out on the dyno should be really interesting.  After
reading all the "bibles" out there about building up an A-series motor
last winter, I decided to go with the smaller diameter
(A.K.A. "street") Maniflow LCB header rather than the larger diameter
"race" header.  My thinking was I had stock valves, a high rear end,
and wanted to keep gas velocity up for accelleration out of turns.  I
thought the bigger header would not give me the grunt I was looking
for down around 4,000 RPM, but I bet I pay a price at the top of the
rev range.

Would love to see torque curves with one and the other.

--JohnD