Re: engine stand

To: talla@TELUSPLANET.NET, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine stand
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:06:05 EDT
Alex,

I made an adaptor for a standard engine stand that is 1/8" steel plate along
the side of the engine that has holes mid way down from the pan (as seen from
block upside down).  I'm operating from memory here as the plate is out on
loan.

Basically, it has a angle iron welded on it that has holes that bolt to one
side of where the pan bolts.  The flat part goes down the side and bolts to
the side of the block.  Then, ofcourse, it has the four connection holes to
attach the engine stand.

It is VERY handy for engine assembly of cam, rods, mains, etc.  You just have
to contour the part that bolts to the pan (bolt) holes so as not to interfere
with the crank rotation.

If nobody else has plans, I can get it back and take pix, specs., but that
might take awhile.

John Carey
Auto Web Sites I do:
http://www.rrocncr.org/