Re: engine stand

To: "Alex Volk" <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject: Re: engine stand
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 22:54:48 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Funny how life is.  I post pictures of a original 948cc motor and all anybody
asks about is the engine stand. So I guess nobody cares that the engine has
all the proper hoses,  clamps, markings, lever arm fuel pump, cast iron water
pump, and even an original oil filler cap.   What you don't see is even
better, mild cam, deshrouded chambers, port matched, shaved head, and my 1
1/4" H1 SU's.
    OK, the stand is your generic type with a piece of pipe and 1/8" plate
welded to the end that bolts to the two rear gen/alt bracket holes on the
block. Mine is a little short in the pipe department so with the backing plate
on it won't rotate 360 deg, so if you make one be sure the pipe is at least
2.5 ft long.  The big advantage to this system is you can hang everything on
the motor except the gen/alt, on the stand including the flywheel. clutch, and
tranny.  I wouldn't leave the tranny hanging off it for long, but I haven't
had a problem with it so far.
        There is a picture of just such a stand in Vizard's book on pg 40 of
the 2nd Ed. I'm sure it is in the other Ed's. of the book also.
        And to those that asked off list NO I DIDN'T SINK THE SAILBOAT.
        Crash
  I was just at just brits web site.
  I was lookin at the bugeye motor on the stand & was wondering how you got it
mounted sideways like that.