Re: 1098 Midget exhaust sealing tips?

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: 1098 Midget exhaust sealing tips?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:39:26 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ditto everything below, especially making sure the pipe flange is not
warped, kinked, bent, distorted etc. If you remove the manifold or have a
spare, you can gently hammer the flange against the lip of the manifold for
a perfect fit. Because I have also expericed that clamp distorting the
flange some on tightening, If you decide to go the minimum expense route, I
have also had great success using Permatex Untra Copper sealant as
insurance. Works great if done properly.

Gerard