floating nut plates and bonding glue

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: floating nut plates and bonding glue
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:05:17 -0800 (PST)
Clay L. wrote:
I used small brass cabinet hinges with #8 sheet metal
screws into the  bonnet and #10 machine screws into
floating nut plates on the front edge of the upper air
duct (where the mounting screws for the grille
are)..... self-aligning feature of the floating nut
plates makes it easy.

The question I have is about floating nut plates. They
sound like plates with nuts captured in those wobblely
clips on the back? Right? Is there a source that you
could recommend for them?

Second question is about the bonding agent. I
understand that it is being used on many new cars
instead of spot welds in some places. What is it and
how is it cured?

thanks, bill b. '69 Sprite