Re: Diesel cars- non LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diesel cars- non LBC
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:51:45 EST
In a message dated 11/10/02 9:46:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JE.Adams@worldnet.att.net writes:

> It is my impression that VW offers(ed) a diesel in No.America.  Advertised
> as giving 50 mph in the Jetta.  I could have dreamt this but that doesn't
> seem likely.
> Ed A

VW currently offers their TDI (turbodiesel) engine in the Golf and the Jetta
in the U.S., and maybe in the Passat, too.  They get phenomenal mileage and
they don't smell or sound like big trucks, either -- just a very nice engine.
 Probably 0-60 in 8 - 10 seconds -- not exactly world-class fast, but quicker
than the average Bugeye!

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye