Re: anealing copper gaskets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anealing copper gaskets
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:44:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net> wrote:
> ok engineer types!  afterheating the copper gasket should
> it air dry?  oil
> quench or water quench?
> to get a used copper gasket to swell and soften up for
> reuse?
> i can not rememberand i have one here that is going in
> the oven tomorrow!
my thoughts from memory is slow cool......you want to keep
it soft and not brittle. oil quench makes it hard...am
kinda fuzzy as I just came back home from the scholarship
funding wine-tasting,(and the naysayers say Napa has the
best wine....SONOMA COUNTY!!! YEAH!....hic!) ;-) ...but
maybe water quench after all, it does soften....hmmmmmm...
just not oil!  ;-0

I am about to try to rejuvinate about 4000(or more?) copper
aircraft spark-plug gaskets this way myself. ;-)

Paul