Re: The Gun debate

Subject: Re: The Gun debate
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:28:24 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Our gun murder rate is approx 1 death per annum for every 300,000 people.
> What is it
> in the US?

Oddly enough, the communities with the most stringent regulations against gun
ownership have the highest rate of crimes involving guns. The area that I live
in
has enough full and semi-automatic weapons to supply the army of a small nation.
average response of a deputy, if needed, can be two hours or longer, if they can
even find the residence in question. We have 4 vehicles parked outside, unlocked
with keys in the ignition. The doors on the house are seldom locked. I have a
permit to carry a concealed weapon, and almost always do. Am I prepared to shoot
a criminal? Absolutely. The Navy issued me two silver "E"s to wear on my uniform
that pretty much guarantee I will be able to give him something to regret his
poor life choice. I am also a firm believer in the policy of not confusing our
already confused judicial system by making them listen to two sides of the
story.

Kate