Re: Smog test

To: Paul Archibald <androbus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Smog test
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:11:31 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Right now the cutoff for all vehicles is 1973 or older.  Starting with the 2004
models, Motorcycles will be smog tested on dynos.  Seems the politicians found
out that 5% of the vehicles (motorcycles) on the road were not rendering unto
Caesar for a smog check, even though only 1% of them are only on the road at one
time.  The beaurocrats made up a figure like, "5% of these vehicles
(motorcycles)
on the road are producing 15% of the smog in California.  Huh?  Motorcycles have
been in California since smog testing began, and they are just figuring this
out?  I'm sure my radio control model airplane engines are next.  Just like
guns,
you have villianize, then demonize so you can justify banning or smog testing
FOR
A FEE!  I've also heard rumors that they would like to roll back the smog test
for vehicles older than 68!  You will have to retrofit smog equipment where
there
previously was none!  Welcome to the Peoples Democratic Republic of Kalifornia.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite soon to have a catalytic converter?