Re: The Gun debate EST

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: The Gun debate EST
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:28:34 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Well-

What it has shown me is that we need
a bill of "victim's rights". God knows
the liberals among us have done quite
a job protecting the "perp" and I've no
problem with this within reason....but
IMHO we've gone overboard in this
respect, though I suspect there are those
who believe we have not gone far enough.

I don't like even obvious criminals getting
beaten up by some police officer who
lacks the self control to be a police officer
(one of the toughest jobs around these
days, for sure!). You can't stand the heat,
stay out of the kitchen, in this respect
anyway.

And considering the number of people
already convicted and "in", wherein DNA
evidence is now available which would set
them free which some dumb courts, in
direct violation of common sense refuse
to see as the (improperly) "convicted's"
time for appeal has run out....well, perhaps the liberals have their
good points too, eh?

I mean today we have lawsuits against
Mickey D's by overweight kids 'cause
their parents never told 'em you are what
you eat in both quality and quantity and
there is fat and calories in food? Really?
Whatever happened to making lunch for
the kids or teaching them to do it themselves at the appropriate age?
Guess the parents are otherwise occupied
with more important matters, eh?

Remind me to sue the maker's of rotgut
whiskey in the event I'm broke and drink
too much of the inferior stuff 'cause that's
all I got in my pocket.  Oh, wait a minute...

I don't qualify: I am not a kid, and......
I'm not an irresponsible parent seeking
a free handout through a lawyer preying
upon the system in violation of common
sense. (I know you're not all that way!)

We should go to the European system
here to one extent or another. You lose,
you pay the other guy's costs....and the
court for their time and effort should
your suit prove "frivolous" (or however
the hell it's spelled!).

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)