Re: bugeye kit car

To: Dan Walters <spridget63@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: bugeye kit car
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:20:57 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan Walters wrote:

> Just stumbled across this web page, seems in the U.K. mini's are so common
>that they will chop one up to make a sprite!  I'd be happy to have either one
>but not sacrifice one for the other.  Interesting though.
>
> http://banmoco.co.uk/sprint/

Very interesting. I have (somewhere) an article from an old Road & Track
or Sports Car Illustrated with an article on the "BMC Sprint"
A front wheel drive Bugeye. It was a concept BMC car back in late 59 or
60.
On the Mini, everything behind the steering wheel is just along for the
ride. You don't need any of it. And from the grille to the steering
wheel it's maybe 3' long, and 4' wide.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ