Re: bugeye kit car

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: bugeye kit car
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:31:32 -0000
Cc: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@attbi.com>, "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I was referring to standard mini saloons, converted this way for race
track in the '60s.

There was also a modified version of the Mini Moke - which was the
miniature Army- Jeep type vehicle Frank is mentioning - It was fitted
with twin engines etc for off road work.  Actually went into
production for the British Army as an ATV for parachute drops.  At my
first job I worked in Forestry and we had one there, but it was too
much of a toy for anything other than carrying a couple of people to
difficult sites.

Guy