Re: Spring slave bolt & chubby cops EST

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spring slave bolt & chubby cops EST
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:11:33 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"What does it consist of, clapping"

Probably!! Yeah, once they're are on the
scene, they cannot let a citizen become
involved as at this point, what goes on is
their responsibility. A lawyer could have
a field day with this "in the event" even
if the poor old guy had to die. Ridiculous
but that's what the annual "Stella Awards"
are all about to some extent. I'll send you
a copy of this year's awards...just got them courtesy of Mr. Ed.

Ran up against a not so similiar situation
years ago on a back road on the way to
the airport. Tree had fallen down from one
side of the road, diagonally to the other, and had "stabilized" against
other trees
on the other side of the road. Plenty of
room for my little Sprite to pass underneath with no chance of
"contact".

Five minutes from the airport and
even though in uniform and obviously going to the airport to fly a
Company trip,
with obvious clearance and the tree obviously stabilized in a calm, no
wind
situation (tree came down the night before
in a series of severe thunderstorms)
there was no way the officer at the scene
was going to let me or any other "civilian"
pass. A matter of "the rules" and "police
matter".

Though your good intent is obvious and your thought commendable (to say
the least), should you damage or hurt yourself
OR the guy you are trying to help, they've
got to take the fall in this respect.

Sorry about your Volvo but hopefully, insurance will take care of this
for you but
still....bummer.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog