RE: Help..possible scam

To: <GMGoodman@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help..possible scam
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:56:35 -0800
"...has not seen the car or asked one question
about it"  <---- One red flag....

" I have been contacted by a person who
claims to have a client in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates"  <---- Second red flag....

" sounds like a scam to me ..."  <---- Third red flag (trust
        your gut).

I have seen this scam on SEVERAL boards.  It developed
out of the Africa/Money laundry scam.  They are just
hitting people hard.  WAY too many people are biting
(which just encourages it).

Several that have responded to this have suggested
opening other accounts and such.  Granted, they won't
clear out the account, but you'll STILL lose the car.

Find another buyer, or, if you are motivated to sell
and take a chance (you shouldn't), ask for cash.  Period.
If they can write you a check, they can cash it at
their bank and send you the cash.  (Or half to ship
and half when delivered)

Otherwise, RUN!!!  I am 99.999% positive it's a scam.

Couple of supporting websites:

http://www.geocities.com/scamvictimsunited/scam.html

http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/discussion/detail.asp?postID=2012

http://denver.craigslist.org/den/car/8440679.html