Re: Registration Questions for California Listers

To: "Loud Sprite" <loudsprite@attbi.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Registration Questions for California Listers
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:53:31 -0800
Al-
Glen had the best answer on the antique plates, but it really isn't any big
deal to run normal plates in California.  There is no vehicle inspection of
any kind for equipment compliance.  I find it amusing the Jersey guys
teasing us about emissions inspections, and then they have to go argue with
some dimwit about proper rear view mirrors, etc.  Annual tags are priced
based on a vehicle value schedule, and for a Midget, the DMV deems them near
worthless, so it is about $35 a year for tags. I've got vanity plates on
mine, and pay about $75 total a year.  There are no emissions tests required
on any vehicle built for sale prior to 1974, and since all Midgets look
about the same, you can easily pass off any year Midget as a 1968. (Email in
private for details...)  Come on out, the weather is great, Lots of jobs.
I'm just north of Sacramento, the sun is shining, and it should hit close to
70 today.  Top is down and we're going for a ride. We're always hiring where
I work, and the average salesperson makes $45k year, with the top dogs well
over $80k.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino