Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:45:45 -0600
> I'm reminded of a quite from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, saying
in effect that anyone who can manage to get themselves elected President
should on no account be allowed to do the job. :)

So that's where I cribbed that quote from! Amen to all of that.
Too bad we do not live in a truly democratic country like Brazil :-)
There you are required to show up at the polls every election day and go
through the motions of voting. You can, however, turn your ballot in blank.
The blank ballots do get counted and, under normal circumstances, go to
enhance the majority of whoever won the normal ballots. They can, on the
other hand, outnumber the votes for a candidate who is running unopposed and
cause him to lose, even though no one ran against him. I understand it has
happened as high as state legislature. Sure wish they had that here!
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
1973 RWA Project
1974 RWA Warrior