Re: Dual HS2's on a 1500

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Dual HS2's on a 1500
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:03:10 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Is the HS2 set-up really worth it though,
> Larry? I ask because the MGA 1500's
> originally came with 1.5 SU's so I would
> think the 1.25's would be a little "anemic"
> for a 1500cc engine.

Bear in mind that a smaller throat tends to enhance the low-end response at
the expense of the high-end performance. Now ask yourself: What is
"high-end" on the 1500? Nope, they were intended for lower-rpm use than the
A-Series. While I wouldn't recommend it for the racetrack, it could very
well make a peppier street car than the dual HS4 setup would, especially in
the later (8/78 - 79) Midgets with the 3.7 diff. At least in theory, and it
IS still bench-racing season in Illinois, isn't it?
David Lieb
RWA Midgets
(no 1500s)