Re: Peace Activist Etiquette NO LBC EST

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Peace Activist Etiquette NO LBC EST
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:00:48 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Tedgar5555@cs.com, LynchCELynch@aol.com, MSuziMcD@aol.com, michellh.VVMCAMPUS.EPCCVVM@epcc.edu
Sure, RBH.

I appreciate the intent of the peace activist....problem is he/she being
of
relatively civilized nature and having no
experience with those much less civilized,
has no constructive alternative to offer
when it comes to dealing with the relatively much less civilized. And
how
could they considering their lack of
real experience in such matters.

Jimmy Carter had this problem...still
does. There are those well behind us
in some respects, who simply cannot
(and will not) be reasoned with. They
don't want to talk....they've already made
up their minds....they want to kill you for
one reason of another (which is usually
a "screen" for their real reason(s) in any
event).

We saw this in WW2 with "Divine Wind"
and "Kamikaze". But at least these fellows
went after military targets unlike the
"extremists" of today, who bushwack
innocent civilians to meet the political
objectives of those governments who
support them, financially and in other
ways. The "new army" of these governments, obviously.

Face it...there are people out there who
are as jealous and envious of your
"advantages" as they perceive it, and
hate you accordingly for this very basic
reason, "stated reasons" notwithstanding.

Those who would compromise their
freedom and would vote for appeasement for temporary safety are neither
deserving of freedom or safety, for they truly do not
understand history in how their freedom
was won (again and again) in the first
place.

They don't believe in our democratic system to any great extent either,
for
they vote for people to represent them
who, while in possession of facts on
international affairs not known to the
average man in the street, immediately
decide "they" are wrong when "they" act
in the best interests of those they have
been elected to represent in such matters
which the average man on the street
truly "has no clue"...as in International
affairs, fr'instance.

Example:
Just after "9/11", Bush came out and
named North Korea as a member of the
"Axis of Evil". Certain people "upstairs"
who had knowledge of certain facts not
available to the "man on the street"
knew what Bush was talking about. The
average guy on the street hadn't a clue
until 6 months or so later, when it was
made public that North Korea had violated
their agreement signed years ago with the
US, on nuclear weapon proliferation in
exchange for "aid" (IOW...we paid 'em off!).

As to our government running "rampant"..
don't worry. When those who represent
us screw up in this regard (e.g., Vietnam)
our system provides for us reversing their
decisions in time. But let's not pre-judge
in this respect for reporters are embedded
with our troops. There will be few it any
"lies" this time around...a positive side
of "real time" press coverage if there ever
was one!! :)

You want peace? So do I, but not at the
expense of my freedom. So since the
peaceniks have "no way" except by
giving up freedom to avoid terrorism, I'll
go with those who I have elected to
guarantee it by fighting for it, just as my Dad did in WW2 and
exterminating
those who would take it away, whether
by means "up front" or "behind my back".

When you are "king of the hill", there will
always be someone out there who will
want your position and will resort to
whatever means he has at his disposal
to attain it.

Sorry Peaceniks...time to grow up and
realize the world isn't necessarily made
up of nice guys like you, me and Mr.
Houston!

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)