Re: Seat Webbing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Webbing
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 02:53:32 EST
In a message dated 4/2/03 10:09:58 PM, djmac@execpc.com writes:

<< Anyone out there have a suggestions on what could be used for
replacing the webbing under the seats of a 74 midget?  Been to a
couple of local belting places and upholstery shops, and nothing
similar to original.  Looking for options. >>

Our 67 has a diaphragm under the seat that acts as springs.  This is
available from Moss or??? for about $18/seat.  It works great until one side
or the other breaks loose.  Check out your Moss catalog to see if that is
what they use and this is the make do of some aftermarket shop.  I have seen
non factory jobs that use all kind of belting for springs, but don't know
about the 74 for sure.  It might be what is called Danish webbing, which are
rubberlike strips about 2" wide.  They have a finite number of stretches or a
finite amount of time before they are stretched out and will never retract
again.  Not nice stuff at best.  We had them (from the factory) in one of our
Volvos, and I replaced it every year or two.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"