A Beautiful Day in Sprigetville

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: A Beautiful Day in Sprigetville
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:29:55 -0700 (PDT)
Sunshine-77degrees-no wind-sprite runs swell.

Thanks to all of the contributors to my never ending
saga of Sprigeteering.

I:
Adjusted the valves, again.
Double checked them, again.
Found #1 TDC, again.
Checked my timing marks, again.
Painted my timing marks, again.
Timed it, again.(?I have a question at the end about
that)
Put in new plugs, set to .35 for pertronix, again.
Reset the carbs, again, this time carefully, got the
balance right,(Haynes, tube-in-the-ear-hiss-method)got
the "thunk" correct, got the jets set (about 11 flats
out, and used lift pin and listen method to check
rich/leaness) checked choke and throttle settings. Did
it all step by step, making lots of notes and checking
everything twice. You know, it makes a lot of
difference when you do it right. Takes longer, but
works better.:-)

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions and offered
hints. I have a little bit of vacuum leak around the
linkeage but not too much. A question, when timeing is
set best for running (no pinging{pinking}), good
starting, no run on, no overheating, it is about 40
degrees advanced, according to my new, genuine
craftsman, adjustable timing light? Whyzat?

thanks, bill b. '69 Sprite 1275. Stock, but no
pollution equipment.