Re: Disappointed...again

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disappointed...again
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:42:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/03 7:25:42 PM, bogodwin@surfsouth.com writes:

<< I bought my bugeye in 1959.  I still have the car BTW.  The gas cap was

chrome and was not quite flat, but had a little curve.

            Bobby Godwin

HMMM.  If it was brand new when you bought it, the dealer probably changed
it.  They weren't above such maneuvers.  Mine too was not quite flat with a
little dome and was painted the same color as the car body.  Purchased in
February 1960.  BTW, the grill on our car was concave instead of
convex--still is.  Got some sort of explanation that it ran cooler that way.
Car always ran cool.  This had to be something that was done by the dealer.
Our bugeye is now heavily modified--it has a Mark IV under the shell--so we
aren't out for concours glory anyway and it is still concave, but I suppose I
could argue that it was that way originally.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"