RE: footwell floor replacement help

To: "'Wm. Severin Thompson'" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: RE: footwell floor replacement help
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:56:22 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I'm kind of with you on this one, except when I get a rusty car I can't
gave away, I cut it up, keep any good parts and figure out how much more
my car is worth with one less around.
                Crash

OK youse guys...

I've got to lodge a protest here...

Many of you guys that bitch to high heaven about all the incorrect parts
from the usual suppliers are the same ones advocating what amounts to
f'd up
incorrect repairs. When you guys weld, pop rivet, or fiberglass stops
signs
in as floors on Spridgets, you haven't "saved" them, you've just made
their
deaths a lingering one. To ever make it right will take twice as much
work.

The correct floor panels are available, not very expensive, and often
would
be far easier than the FUBAR repairs you're "doin' on the cheap".
Consider
it a good opportunity to buy that 110 mig you've always wanted. Take a
night
class and learn how to weld. Pay someone to do it right... but quit
messin'
up these great little cars under the guise of repair.

(besides the aesthetic & monetary value issues, there are structural
integrity issues to consider as well...)

Make no mistake... I'm no concours dude by any means. But, there's only
one
"right" way to do rust repair. Anything less than that is a ham handed
hack
job.

WST