Re: footwell floor replacement help

To: Josh <JHa2297255@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: footwell floor replacement help
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:15:46 -0400 5.0; U)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Acknowledging the correct way to do this, with proper panels, there is one more
alternative, since your 20 ga panels are already in.  I would fabricate some 20
ga reinforcements by making some strips and bending a V lengthwise with flats.
-^- like this when looking at it from the end.  Then, plug weld, spot weld or
stitch to the bottom of the
panel in the same approximate location as the original's reinforcing ribs.
This will add considerable strength.  You could put them on top, inside the
car, for the same effect, but this could interfere with rugs or mats.

Not original, but a reasonable facsimile.

By all means stay away from the epoxy.  It will crack and separate and will
make future repairs miserable and discouraging, regardless of who has to do it.
 I know this first hand.