Re: winter beater all wheel drive Camry

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: winter beater all wheel drive Camry
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:09:58 -0400
ya know the all trac toyota's require a special fluid in their all trac
units or they literally fail!  toyota type "T" fluid is ungodly expensive
but specially formulated for the all trac unit.   it's marketed by the
gallon only!    also all trac camry's are notorious killers of rear axle
joint boots.   they are slick as can be if properly maintained but area
nightmare if let go!   i saw them condemed to salvage yard hell over and
over by neglect that vehicles fall into over time and age when owners stop
taking routine care of the "old car".   the engines run for ever but
toyota's are not imune to rust!

chuck
retired certified toyota master parts professional.