Securing Driver's Seat

To: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Securing Driver's Seat
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:05:59 -0700 (PDT)
Anyone come up with a good method of keeping the driver's seat from sliding
around. Rails are securely bolted down but when going around a corner, well at
a rather quick speed I might add, I find the driver's seat suddenly rock and
shift. Rather disconcerting when body roll and force of gravity are acting upon
your posterior. Seat is locked for front to rear travel. Seems as if seat is
shifting within the seat rails itself. Am I missing something here? New foam
was installed in the seat as well as a new seat diaphram last year. Didn't
notice the problem then, occurrence seems fairly recent. Seat lock is on LF
Bottom of Driver's seat. I don't think I have the seats in backwards. Thanks in
advance for all of your help. Bugsy's been out of garage twice today and hates
the fact that his owner is stuck at the keyboard, watching the beautiful
weather outside and wanting to get out and drive.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH