Re: Bombers--The Lost Squadron--No LBC

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Bombers--The Lost Squadron--No LBC
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:29:05 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, Daniel1312@aol.com, PilotRob@webtv.net
Since I am a day behind in my email, you probably got this already but
the P-38 (a very cool plane IMHO) was never a bomber. The P stands for
Pursuit and it is a twin engined boom tailed fighter. Mostly used in
the Pacific and was the type responsible for the downing of Adm
Yamoto's transport late in the war.

Cool story about the saving of those planes anyway.

I was always a buff, never got to fly in one though.

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget