Re: Electrical Questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical Questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:41:25 +0100
> got some serious smoking from under the hood and burned through the wire
> insulation.

Answer .....
> Best as I can tell, I should replace the entire wiring harness.

You posed the question and gave the answer the wrong way round! :-)

How old is the cracked and brittle wiring harness that has been abused by
PO's and has now been further abused by allowing smoke to escape from veins
in the bowels of Lord Lucas's Empire?  This vacating of smoke generally
tends to make the remaining copper wire unsuitable for future use.

The Voltage Regulator is normally contained within the alternator but there
were early alternator designs that had a separate regulator box.  As far as
I am aware, the latter type was not factory fitted to Midgets or any
MG/Rover/Austin/Morris/British Leyland etc etc product.  PO's can be a
different matter ....

Guy R Day