Re: Semi-eliptic rear spring help

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Semi-eliptic rear spring help
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:17:14 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
         The shackle is pushed back flat against the boot/trunk floor. The
front of the spring is still attached. The spring appears unbroken.
Thinking that I would take a stab at a quick repair to GFT SPRT (since I
can't stand not driving in this weather we are having), I removed the
shackle, installed new bushings, put the car on the ground and tightened
the nuts. After a 1/2 mile of spirited driving, it collapsed back again. I
did notice when removing that perhaps the upper stud was looser than I
should think would be correct. If not for the stud being held from
rotating, what keeps the shackle nearly vertical? I must be missing
something in my enthusiasm.
         Peter
==