Re: Boot handle repair

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Boot handle repair
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:09:36 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chris,

Chances are very good you don't have the right key. The lock is
removable by removing two nuts through the inner boot panel
reinforcement on the underside. Hard to see and do unless you sorta
lay on your back in the truck opening. It's a little tedious, but
what else is new, eh?

The key number is stamped at the end of the square shaft. You'll see
it once you get it out. If you have any original door keys, they will
have a number to compare. You could have a key made from the number
or have a locksmith make it from the tumbler. I suspect the former
would be much cheaper. You might try some WD40 or some other product
first if you think it's just stuck.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb