[Fwd: Re: Golden Sprite Poll, chuck's take on the thang!]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Golden Sprite Poll, chuck's take on the thang!]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 0:48:05 -0400
Guy Weller recently wrote:

Given the original point which was a proposal that the raffle for the Golden
Sprite should be limited to those actually attending Sprite Spree.

I thought that the original point was to make some money in order to offset the
costs of SS '08...It would seem to me that when you force somebody to be there
in order to win, you limit the number of tickets that you will sell! If I'm not
sure that I can be there, why would I buy a ticket?

I have tried to read all the posts and I haven't seen anything about the object
being changed... You will definately sell more chances if the winner doesn't
have to be present. Five years away is long enough to sell plenty of tickets
into the profit zone. That money would then be well spent on the Sprite Spree
costs. If you really want to sell tickets to a "winner needs to be present"
raffle, give away a trip to Jolly Olde England or something... Use some of the
profits from the Golden Sprite to pay for the trip in case you don't sell
enough tickets.

I have been involved in many raffles for the FOP throughout the years and th
best profit makers have the same things in common. They are: a prize that lots
of people would like to win; the ticket price is low ($1 each or 6 for $5);
hassle free winning (call me and tell me where to pick it up); and, winner
doesn't need to present his ticket stub (where did I put that stub five years
ago?)

My thoughts,
Kent
1960 Bugeye