Sprite rollbar installation, Episode 2, part c

To: TIM MATTHEWS <MATTHEWCARPARTS@webtv.net>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Sprite rollbar installation, Episode 2, part c
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:20:18 -0700 (PDT)
I have found the problem. Again, attempting to do it
right. I jacked up the Sprite, pulled the rear wheels
and removed(tore out) the flimsy baffle between the
back of the cockpit and the trunk (boot)<turtle>, and
discovered that thanks to the thoughtfulness of the
previous owner in installing huge speakers, the back
of the cockpit runs about 1-1 1/2 inches further back
than first thought. So this moves the whole rollbar
back 1 inch or so, which puts the outside two side
flanges and their support plates in a much better
position for bolting.

The question is: Now that I have drilled the holes in
the wrong spaces, and have not found a way to use them
in that location; how do I move them? Drill new holes
and just plug the old? Drill new and weld up the old?
Drill new and fabricate new plates for the underside
that would incorporate about 8 of the old holes?

Suggestions? No, a Miata is out of the question.

cheers, bill b.