Re: Jaguar price assistance please

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Jaguar price assistance please
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:42:21 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Frank,

Resale on these is REAL poor. I was considering buying one about 5
years ago (an XJS) and even then, 3k would have been a lot. The one I
looked at had thousands and thousands in repairs (the seller left the
repair history  in the glove box...3 steering racks replaced!) and
the windows would fog up when the car got warm. I checked with a well
known British shop that specialized in Jags. and he told me it cost
$1000 to change the spark plugs because so much had to be taken apart
to so it.

If you are talking about the '85 XJS, KBB for good condition is
$2300. The oldest XJ12 they list is '93 (hmmm, wonder what that
means?) and good condition is $7945. I love 'em but they seem
expensive to maintain.

Gerard