Re: Horn rebuild

To: dhedin@ieee.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horn rebuild
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:33:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/03 12:11:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dhedin@ieee.org
writes:

> If you were in your air conditioned semi rig about to cut me off. I don't
> think you would hear my bugeye horn.  In fact, I don't think you would hear
> me if you were on your 10 speed bicycle.

- - - - - - - - - - -

A long time ago I owned a 1967 TR4A IRS.  I installed a set of air horns in
it, that I got from Vilem B Haan.  (Remember them?)  The horns came with a very
heavy duty "Town & Country" switch so you could use the stock horn or the air
horns.  Maybe you should rig up something like that.

I can't tell you how many "near miss" stories we have had on this list.  A
loud horn in an LBC is a good thing, especially with the ever growing SUV
population.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)