Re: Seeking component - shift boot chrome retaining ring

To: "philip.s.jones" <philip.s.jones@comcast.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seeking component - shift boot chrome retaining ring
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:25:07 -0400 (EDT)
Phil, if you're referring to the part that holds the vinyl shift in place on
the tunnel opening along with the rubber boot, it is metal but not chromed.

The following link shows what I am referring to in my 62 Sprite. I had this
part chromed and I installed it on top of the carpet rather than underneath it
which is the stock application.

http://home.ix.netcom.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/PinkCarInterior2-2002.JPG&target=tlx_new

That's a pretty long link, but if you copy it into your browser it should work,
if not just go to http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/   and double-click on the
interior shot to see a larger image.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct