rigid versus braided flexi brake lines

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rigid versus braided flexi brake lines
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:42:24 +0300
Is it OK for a road-going car to have one rigid (steel or copper/nickel)
brake pipe removed and a braided flexible line installed in its place? I am
talking about the "master cylinder to 4-way union line" here. Wouldn't that
give a softer pedal and thus compromise security somewhat? Why then does
the manufacturer use flexible lines only where there are "moving" parts
involved (front wheels, rear axle) and not do the whole system in braided
ones - cost probably? If it's OK to replace that particular line then that
would make it much easier to completely remove the air from the system
because I could keep it "low" enough, in fact, lower than the brake master.
Evangelos
66 Sprite Mk3