Re: Fwd: Re: Selling??? A Sadder Story!

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Selling??? A Sadder Story!
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:02:02 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well, I guess we all got 'em. I had quite a few get away from me here
and there, but my first car was nearly a '54 Corvette. Tis was when I
lived in Detroit and the one I found was already completely restored.
New paint, new interior new Blue Flame 6 (also a tri-carb). The only
thing it needed was carpets. I would have bought it for the whopping
$700 the guy wanted too, but I discovered I couldn't draw out my own
savings from the bank without my Dad's signature, and my parents
weren't going to let me buy me own car (not yet anyway). A few month
later. $370 of the $600 I had went towards a Bugeye instead. I
quickly cost me more than the Vette I wanted too. After the Bugeye
came along, t'was a 100-4 I could have had for $100 too, but I had no
where to put it.

Then there was the friend I had in college who decided to sell his
very well maintained '63' Vette split window coupe for $1500.  Doh!
It was still a lot of money back then.

Well, I guess there's a lot we'd all do over if we had the chance.

I know I would...

Gerard