Re: Curley Cord

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Curley Cord
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:00:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- James Gruber wrote:
> Were you using the curley cord for the horn button.
> I've been trying to do some engineering to get horn
> button to work on Bugsy my '68 using contact shaft
> and designing some sort of copper ring for it to
> ride on underneath the steering wheel. Can you give
> me some more details on how you got this hooked up.
> Pics would be even better. Thanks.

I just hooked the wires from the dash mounted horn
button that I had been using(actually a generic
starter button) to the wires at one end of the curley
cord and the wires at the other end to a small
(1/2inch mounting hole needed) 12 volt push botton
switch that I got at Radio Shack. The hole in the
steering wheel spoke where I wanted to put it was too
large at 5/8 inch and a the shortness of the screw
part of the switch would not allow a washer. Could
have either purchased a switch with a longer screw
part or find another hole. a small hole in the
aluminum plate that I used to adapt the steering wheel
was the perfect spot. I dont know that I would have
the patience to adapt one of the brass sliding ring
and retractable button type horn switches. I have an
electronic camera so I plan to shoot some photos of it
(and other "fixes")but need a place to host them.
Maybe I can just send them direct to you? Would be
nice to have a place to put photos of all of the cheap
ways to work around some of the Spridget problems that
some of us non-purists use. I will try to shoot them
this afternoon and see if I can send them.

cheers, bill b.