Pittsburgh Vintage GP

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pittsburgh Vintage GP
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:30:04 -0400
I finally got one of my fondest wishes, at PVGP: We actually had a B/E
Sprite racing.  Not only that, the B/E won his class (production under 1
liter) very convincingly.  I'm hoping this will open the "flood gate" for
Sprite entries.  Sprites are so beautifully suited to the course, at
Schenley Park (PVGP is run on public roads, through a wooded, hilly, 150
year old park, right in Pittsburgh's Oakland section).  The car looked
TERRIFIC on the track!
Also, we had way north of 400 cars on the golf course, overlooking the race
course, for British Car Day, on Saturday.  We had something like 18 B/Es
pre-registered, which is the most we've every had.  We had about 9 pre-'75
Midgets, but no Mk-II-IV Sprites :(
Dave Carpenter, I'm sorry I missed you....I was busy parking cars all
morning and drinking beer/swapping war stories w/my Triumph Club and MG Club
buddies all afternoon.
Hey, any Spridgeteers going to The Roadster Factory Summer Party?

Bud Osbourne