Re: Stiff choke

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stiff choke
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:27:44 -0600
At 09:27 AM 12/22/2003, Michel R. Gagne wrote:
>Thanks
>The stiffness is actually at the choke itself, not the cable.  When I
>activate it manually it is far stiffer than it should be.
>Mike
========
Mike,
         I forget what year yours is, so this may not pertain. The screw
that attaches the lever to the plastic jet should not be tight. Usually
there is a brass ring that acts as a bearing for the screw. Also, make sure
you've got the arm on the correct side of the jet, and that you've got the
correct jet in the carb. OE style jets are handed.
         Peter C